Providing Professional Restoration & Cleanup following Gulf Coast Flooding
If your home has been severely damaged in a flood, the process of cleaning and repairing the mess can seem quite overwhelming. You’ve likely never experienced a situation like this and it’s difficult to know where to turn and what to do next. One of the most important factors in dealing with the aftermath of flooding is time. You will want to act quickly, before water damage
leads to hazardous mold problems
or structural issues within the property. Once it is safe to return to your home, it’s a good idea to take photos of the damage (for insurance purposes) before calling in flood cleanup specialists. At Action Restoration, our team is qualified to assist you with all legal documentation and filing claims before returning your home or building to its original state or better.
With the right flood damage repair company, your property will be a safe and comfortable space once again. Contact us today to get receive a quote on our flood cleanup and restoration service.
What To Do When Your House Floods – Beginning the Flood Cleanup Process
Although flood damage may seem like a daunting task to handle, it’s important to address the situation quickly and carefully. Once you’ve determined that everyone in your household is safe and unharmed, it’s time to start the flood damage restoration process. Below are the steps you’ll want to take to get started:
By following these 7 steps promptly after a Gulf Coast flood, you can keep your family out of harm’s way while saving on larger restoration expenses. Speak with a flood cleanup specialist today by calling us at 800-760-9081.
- Call your insurance company. To begin the flood damage restoration process, first call your insurance company to report the damage and file a claim.
- Check the building for structural damage. Before you re-enter your home, check around the perimeter of the building for any structural damage. Look for cracks and dents in the exterior walls and foundation. The power of water can be fierce and you don’t want to be trapped inside a collapsed building.
- Take photos. Before you begin any cleanup or bring in the flood damage repair company, take many pictures of the damage done to your building and to your personal property.
- Take inventory. It’s important to keep track of all of the damaged items before you or the flood restoration company start to discard damaged items. This list is also required for your insurance claim.
- Hire a flood cleanup company. Cleaning up from flood damage is too big a project to handle alone. A reliable flood cleanup company will take your personal preferences and budget into consideration to return your home to its original state. The team at Action Restoration is also trained to find and eliminate potential mold and mildew issues before they spread.
- Get approval from an electrician. As you likely know, water and electricity do not mix well together. Before you turn your power back on after the flood or use any electrical devices, be sure to get an “all clear” from your electrician.
- Remove wet items immediately. Getting as many wet items out of the house is important to controlling mold and mildew. Mold only needs 24 hours to begin growing in a dark, damp area of your gulf coast home.
Flood Cleanup Service in Texas, Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi & Alabama
At Action Restoration, we are a full service flood cleanup and water damage restoration company. With more than 100 full time employees and the most advanced restoration equipment available, we can handle any flood cleanup project in the Gulf Coast region. When disaster strikes, you can rely on our team for 24/7 emergency disaster response services
. We’ll even help you with your insurance paperwork so your claim is filed more quickly and accurately.
We conveniently own the largest and highest performing inventory of commercial water drying equipment available in the industry. What does this mean for your property? We can often accelerate structural drying time by 30 percent or more – helping to reduce financial loss, business interruption, or time spent away from your home.
Action Restoration provides prompt flood cleanup service throughout the Gulf Coast region including areas of Texas, Florida, Mississippi, Louisiana, and Alabama. We also provide restoration services to the following areas:
- Arlington, TX
- Austin, TX
- Baton Rouge, LA
- Beaumont, TX
- Brownsville, TX
- Carrolton, TX
- Corpus Christi, TX
- Dallas, TX
- Denton, TX
- Fort Worth, TX
- Garland, TX
- Grand Prairie, TX
- Houston, TX
- Irving, TX
- Killeen, TX
- Lafayette, LA
- Laredo, TX
- Mesquite, TX
- Metairie, LA
- Mobile, AL
- Montgomery, AL
- New Orleans, LA
- Pasadena, TX
- Plano, TX
- Richardson, TX
- San Antonio, TX
- Tallahassee, FL
- Waco, TX
- Wichita Falls, TX