Leading Restoration Company in Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi & Florida
You had a fire, but there was minimal structural damage. After making some necessary repairs, you think the worst is over. Think again. Unfortunately, the incredible amount of smoke generated by even small fires takes a terrible toll on every surface it touches. And what’s worse, not all smoke is the same. Depending on the type of fire, smoke can adversely affect your property in different ways.
Once the fire is out, Action Restoration can return your commercial or residential space back to normal. Our dedicated professionals have the experience, know-how, and special cleaning techniques necessary to tackle challenges like smoke damage that you simply can’t do alone.
Contact us today to get started!
Different Types of Smoke Damage
It’s normal to think that if an area of a building was not touched by fire, no smoke damage would be present. Unfortunately, smoke will spread to cooler areas of a structure and cling to all surfaces it touches, making professional cleanup a must. Different types of smoke include:
- Residue from dry smoke: Fast-burning, high-temperature fires create a dry smoke that is fine, powdery and unlikely to smear.
- Smoke with protein residue: This kind of smoke is almost invisible but has a strong odor and can damage paint, varnish and other protective finishes.
- Wet, sticky smoke residue: This kind of smoke occurs from fires that burn at a low temperature. Its sticky texture smears onto surfaces, making cleanup difficult. It also exudes a strong odor.
- Oil and fuel smoke residue: Cleanup from oil or fuel smoke residue is rarely caused by fire, but instead builds up on surfaces after escaping from commercial furnaces. This type of oily smoke buildup is sticky and hard to clean.
- Residue from fire extinguishers: Not all fire extinguisher residue requires professional cleanup. However, those that are designed for chemical fires release damaging residue.
Smoke Damage Services
We use several different methods to restore your smoke-damaged items. These include:
- Soot removal & deodorization: Our professionals will use state-of-the-art soot removal equipment and special cleansing agents to remove all traces of soot and odor from your commercial property. Soot removal is very labor-intensive and requires manual scrubbing of surfaces.
- Resurfacing: Many items can be successfully salvaged by resurfacing, which can include painting, re-upholstering and installing new carpet in parts of your building that received minimal smoke damage.
- Ductwork cleaning: Smoke will inevitably work its way through your HVAC system’s ductwork, leaving harmful residue to circulate throughout your workspace. We’ll thoroughly clean your ductwork to remove these harmful particulates.
- Item removal: Some items just can’t be salvaged after extensive smoke damage. We provide safe removal of these items and catalog your losses for insurance claims.
Why Choose Action Services for Smoke Damage Services on the Gulf Coast?
If you have smoke damage in your business or home on the Gulf Coast, contact Action Restoration today
. We’ll thoroughly assess your property’s damage and provide you with an estimate of the time and cost involved in cleaning up your smoke-damaged surfaces and possessions. We’ll also help you file insurance claims so we can get the job started quickly and get you and your business back on track.