Dealing with mold is an unpleasant issue that most commercial property owners will face at some point. If you have found mold growth at your property, this is an issue you don’t want to take lightly! Mold grows fast and the longer you wait, the more health risks you are exposing your customers and employees to. Mold starts growing immediately after spores are attached to a surface and then you can expect the fungi to begin growing within 24-48 hours. Mold growth can be serious issue for many businesses. If not taken care of immediately, mold exposure can cause a major business interruption and serious health risks for all people exposed at your commercial property.
If you have a serious mold issue on your hands, don’t wait to have it properly cleaned! Contact a mold remediation specialist today to prevent further harm to your business and your people.
Most Common Types of Indoor Mold
If you have found mold growth in your building, chances are, it’s one of these common types of fungi. Here are the names you will want to become familiar with:
While these types of mold may be more commonly found in buildings, they should still be cleaned by a professional mold remediation company for best results.
Mold to Watch Out For
There are some types of mold that you will want to take extra precaution with:
- Stachybotrys – Arguably the most dangerous type of mold, stachybotrys is a toxic fungi more commonly known as black mold. The toxins produced by black mold can cause diarrhea and upset stomach. Black bold is also reported to be a kidney and liver carcinogen.
- Aspergillus – Some types of aspergillus can be just as toxic as stachybotrys. This type of fungi produces dry, hydrophobic spores that are easily inhaled. Due to their small size, about 70 % of spores are able to enter into the trachea and primary bronchi.
Although some types of mold can be more problematic than others, it is important to have a professional identify and properly disinfect your mold growth as soon as it is discovered to prevent further damage! Action Restoration provides professional mold remediation service to commercial properties throughout Texas, Florida, Alabama, Louisiana, and Mississippi. Call us today at 800-760-9081 to make your appointment.
Mold Exposure Effects on Your Health
When it comes to mold exposure, it’s better to be safe than sorry! If you have discovered a significant mold growth in your commercial building, it’s time to close the location while a professional mold remediation crew properly disinfects the building. If you allow your employees or customers to be around large quantities of mold, you are putting everyone at risk for some pretty serious health issues.
- After being exposed to mold, most people can experience symptoms such as nasal stuffiness, eye irritation, wheezing, or skin irritation.
- For those that are most sensitive to mold exposure or have been exposed to large amounts of mold for a prolonged period of time, symptoms may include fever, shortness of breath and even mold infections in lungs.
How Can You Prevent Mold Growth in the Future?
Now that you know how serious mold exposure can be, let’s take some preventative steps to protect your building from mold growth!
- Do not mix bleach with ammonia or any other household cleaner.
- Open your windows and doors to provide fresh air.
- Wear non-porous gloves and protective eye wear when cleaning small amounts of mold.
- Turn on an air conditioner or a dehumidifier during humid months.
- Clean bathrooms with mold killing products.
- Keep humidity levels as low as you can—no higher than 50 percent.
- Work with a team of professionals to have them identify your mold and disinfect your building.
If you would like additional tips for keeping your commercial property mold-free, call Action Restoration today at 800-760-9081 to speak with mold remediation experts.
Mold Removal Services in the Port Arthur, TX Area
Remediation service includes both the identification and correction of the conditions that permit mold growth. Mold damaged materials should also be safely and effectively removed from your building. If you are looking for a trustworthy leader in mold remediation to disinfect your building, you can rely on the experts at Action Restoration to service your Florida, Texas, Mississippi, Alabama, or Louisiana location.
We conveniently own the largest inventory of commercial water drying equipment available and this equipment is also the highest performing in the industry — thus, we can often accelerate structural drying time by 30 percent or more! This is an important figure to keep in mind when you want to avoid reduce financial loss and business interruption. Action Restoration has been providing mold remediation service throughout the Gulf Coast since 1999, which makes us experts in our field! Contact us today to learn more about our mold remediation service.