Biological and infectious hazard cleanup is an extremely skilled process that requires specialized equipment and disposal methods to eliminate the threat of further contamination. Whether you are dealing with infectious diseases from bodily fluids or toxic airborne particles like mold—it is vital the contaminants are removed thoroughly to protect your employees and guests from potentially life threatening illnesses.
Instances that Require Biological Cleanup
There are a number of instances that require professional biological cleanup and decontamination, including:
- Sewage Backup – if you’ve had sewage back up into your building, you’ll need more than a simple water extraction. Sewage can carry a number of harmful pathogens and the correct equipment and cleaning techniques must be used to ensure that they are properly removed.
- Bodily Fluids – bodily fluids can carry a number of infectious diseases. If you’ve had an incident at your facility where blood or other bodily fluids were spilled, best practice is to have it professionally decontaminated just to ensure there is no spread of disease.
- Health Crisis – in the event that there is a health crisis, hospitals and health clinics may need specialized cleaning that goes beyond normal cleaning protocol—i.e. the Ebola outbreak.
- Flooding – flooding rains carry a number of harmful pathogens as they pick up human, animal, industrial, and even medical waste. If your home or business has experienced flooding from a natural disaster, you may require decontamination in addition to standard water extraction and restoration.
Biological Decontamination by Action Restoration
At Action Restoration, we have a unique product called ASA-1000. ASA-1000 is a broad spectrum disinfectant that can be used to kill mold, bacteria, and viral strains.
Benefits of ASA-1000
- Registered safe for indoor use by the United States EPA
- Effective for broad spectrum decontamination; kills mold, bacteria, and virus strains
- Has high assurance of building/structure decontamination and indoor air quality restoration
- Has fast turnaround as a result of minimal remediation work required
- Removes microbial threats from environment to potentially improve human immune system functions
- Independent tests verify that ASA-1000 can be effective at controlling most bacterial, viral, and fungal organisms for up to 90 days.
Common Uses for ASA-1000
ASA-1000 has been proven in independent lab testing to be effective in eradicating the following organisms:
- Viruses – Swine Flu (H1N1), Avian Flu (H5N1), Bovine Corona Virus, Foot and Mouth Virus, Influenza A, Norovirus, SARs-Like Corona Virus
- Bacteria – Anthrax, Bacillus subtilis, Clostridum difficile, Enterobacter aeruginosa, VRE (Vanomycin-resistant Enterococus faecalis), Escherichia coli (E-coli), Klebsiella pneumoniae (Pneumonia), Mycobacterium tuberculosis (Tuberculosis), VISA (Vanomycin Intermediate Staphylococcus aureus), MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus), Black Plague (Yersenia pestis), Proteus mirabillis and Biofilms (collection of malodorous bacteria).
- Fungi – Aspergillus niger, Aspergillus veriscolor, Alternaria alternata, Penicillium variabile, Stachybotrys chatarum, Trichophyton mentagophytes.
ASA-1000 is proven effective at eliminating the above listed organisms and more on surfaces, in air ducts, mechanical systems, and more.
Decontamination Services in the Gulf Coast Region
If you need decontamination services in the Gulf Coast, contact Action Restoration for service in Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, and Florida.