Do you suspect there might be mold growing in your home or business? The experts at Action Restoration are here to tell you how to identify mold, where it typically grows, and how to get rid of it.
Keep reading for our complete guide to mold removal!
What Does Mold Look Like?
Everybody has heard of mold, but what does the term mean, and how does it affect your daily life? You might be surprised by the answers. Mold is actually fungi that are present indoors and out. Estimates put the number of species of fungi at more than 10,000 to as many as 300,000.
Mold loves damp and humid areas and easily reproduces in this kind of environment by producing spores. Mold is resilient and can continue to live in the harshest of environments. Typically thought of as black, mold colors span the rainbow to include pink, green, orange, blue, and more.
Typical Places Mold Grows in Homes and Businesses
Since mold likes to grow in damp places, the following areas are likely places for mold to grow and spread:
Businesses at the highest risk of having mold are:
- Antique stores
- Flower shops
- Construction zones
Why Should I Worry About Mold?
Not only does mold break down the structural integrity of porous materials, (like drywall and flooring) mold can be dangerous to your health. Mold causes the following symptoms in people who are sensitive to fungi:
- Nasal congestion
- Red, itchy eyes
- Skin rashes
People who work around high levels of mold are at risk of developing extreme reactions like shortness of breath, fever, and lung infections.
What Should I Do if I Find Mold in My Home or Business?
In areas where you can see and reach mold, cleaning the area with a bleach solution can be effective. However, if your home or business has suffered water damage from a storm, flood, burst pipes, or other reason, mold can develop and grow rapidly. Mold may be growing in areas where you can’t see it. Call a mold remediation specialist if you notice the following in your home or business:
- Large areas of discoloration
- Persistent musty smells
- Standing water
- Mold near HVAC systems or ductwork
Mold remediation specialists will thoroughly evaluate your home or business to pinpoint mold damage. They’ll take the following measures to remove mold and make sure it doesn’t pose a health risk to your family or employees.
- Cleaning surfaces – Using an environmentally friendly decontaminant solution, specialists will destroy all molds on all surfaces.
- Mold inspection – Basements, HVAC systems, attics, crawlspaces, and more will be inspected before your home or business is declared mold-free.
- Mold removal – For areas that can’t be salvaged like carpets, insulation, drywall, and furniture, the affected contents will be removed and replaced.
- Cleaning air ducts – Removing mold from air ducts is vital to prevent mold spores from spreading throughout your home or business and causing health problems.
Mold Removal in TX, AL, LA, FL & MS
Do you suspect you have mold growth in your Gulf Coast home or business? Contact Action Restoration today for mold remediation services. Our experts use cutting-edge technology and specialized tools to remove mold and ensure your home or business is safe to occupy.